Based on experience and qualifications, drivers safely operate a heavy-duty truck, vacuum truck, winch truck or other assigned vehicle to perform duties to meet customer needs. Other responsibilities can include hauling tanker, flatbed, drop deck, heavy haul, end dump and other oilfield equipment throughout the region. Will navigate truck and equipment in rural, off highway, high traffic roadways and oilfield environments.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesWhether you hold a basic CDL A or multiple endorsements, Thomas values Drivers with a commitment to safety and service. Our Drivers represent us on the road and customer sites by performing the following job-specific duties:
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Conducts repeated short-haul trips between locations, providing safe transport of materials that may require navigating through congested and confined areas in rural locations.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using standard Driver Inspection Vehicle Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings and meetings as required by Manager.
- Works closely with Manager to improve efficiency and identify problems
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as needed or directed.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injuries or property damage.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Manager.
- Follows driving assignments throughout the day and completes all required documentation. Observes all company, customer and DOT-mandated safety and policy regulations.
- Maintains current licensure and medical clearance, immediately notifying company of any change to driving eligibility.
- Completes ongoing drug and alcohol screenings when selected and as required to ensure Company policy, roster and DOT compliance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Trucking Supervisor.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- 25 years of age or older
- Valid CDL A licensure & CDL Medical Certificate
- Applicable endorsements for position sought (i.e. Tanker endorsement for Vacuum Truck Operators and minimum 1-year experience for Winch Truck Operators)
- Acceptable driving record per insurance guidelines
- 2 years verifiable operating experience
- Able to work rotational and on-call schedules (14 days on/7 days off), including OT, weekends, nights and holidays
- Requires repeated heavy lifting of up to 75 lbs. and working outside in variable weather conditions
- Able to successfully complete all required pre-hire tests and verifications to include pre-employment drug testing, reference & criminal background checks and MVR review
- Previous oilfield experience
- HazMat endorsement
BenefitsAt Thomas, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Medical Insurance (subsidized at 70% for our employees!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Flat Life Insurance ($50K/annually)
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability
- Reset Pay
- Bi-weekly Payroll Schedule (every other Friday)
- Housing Available
- Equipment, Tools & PPE provided
- 401(k) COMING SOON!
- Cool Trucks