WHO WE ARE
Thomas is a family-owned company providing superior oilfield rental and hauling services for some of the most recognizable companies in the industry. We've built a strong reputation, and even stronger relationships, by providing customers with the highest quality equipment and an unparalleled commitment to results-driven service. The pride we take in our work shows in everything we do.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager and providing onsite, daily support to the managers and employees of the assigned organizational unit, the Administrative Generalist performs the following, area-specific, job duties:
- Dependably opens and closes the office each day, per established operating hours and ensuring security protocols are followed.
- Supports supervisors with special requests for clerical assistance on an as-needed and as-available basis.
- Maintains printer and other office equipment, communicating with IT or other contractors, as necessary, to maintain proper functioning of all equipment
- Receives and correctly routes incoming mail/deliveries; processes outgoing mail/shipments.
- Updates onsite time clocks as necessary to ensure proper functioning.
- Orders and maintains office supplies, from coffee to paper.
- Coordinates meals/snacks for guests and special in-office meetings.
- Oversees contracted services related to office maintenance (i.e., cleaning service, water/coffee service, plumbing, etc.)
- Manages Receptionist/Administrative support personnel, if applicable.
- Maintains a professional office atmosphere by managing visitor and employee traffic accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary to support seamless day-to-day office functions.
- Maintains a high-degree of communication with HR Manager by participating in weekly conference calls to include other managers and administrators as necessary.
- Directs applicant flow throughout the recruiting process to include reviewing, coding and routing applications to hiring managers, scheduling interviews, obtaining and ensuring completeness of applicant materials, creating e-files, transmitting complete data to HR, and ordering pre-hire tests.
- Coordinates hiring activities with DOT Administrator to reduce duplicated effort and ensure timely receipt and processing of applicant, new hire and employee records.
- Acts as the liason between applicants, hiring managers and HR to expedite hiring timelines and applicant processing.
- Facilitates onboarding of new employees by coordinating with managers to schedule start dates and new hire safety training.
- Completes Forms I-9, per federal regulations, for all new employees.
- Conducts brief new hire orientations as needed to introduce new employees to company policy/procedures, obtain required new hire forms, and to provide benefits information.
- Issues time badges, phones, and other equipment to new employees, instructs employees on proper usage and maintains complete property logs for issued equipment.
- Performs daily reconciliation of employee time records by reviewing electronic punches, verifying times with supervisors, creating time correction reports and submitting to payroll processor for entry.
- Participates in planning for annual Open Enrollment period for employee benefits.
- Accurately and professionally responds to employee inquiries, recognizes potential problems and escalates questions or issues to HR as necessary.
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive data and information by observing security protocols and maintaining a high degree of professionalism with co-workers.
- Performs and assists HR Manager with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid US Driver License
- Able to work Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 5 years progressively responsible administrative support experience
- Intermediate-level experience with MS Office Suite & Adobe Acrobat
- English language proficiency with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme detail orientation with equally strong organizational skills, including multi-tasking and demonstrated problem-solving
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate across levels, and in sometimes challenging situations, while maintaining a professional demeanor and customer service orientation
- Able to successfully complete all required pre-hire tests and verifications to include pre-employment drug testing, reference & criminal background checks and MVR review
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience/certification in HR/recruiting
- Previous experience in oil/gas, trucking, manufacturing or other heavy-industrial environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
At Thomas, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Medical Insurance (subsidized at 70% for our employees!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Flat Life Insurance ($50K/annually)
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability
- Bi-weekly Payroll Schedule (every other Friday)
- 401(k) COMING SOON!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Thomas embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and the price of Texas Tea. If you are looking to grow and excel with an organization that is growing and committed to excellence, click APPLY!